People always say that they wish they had a soundtrack to their lives. But, if you ask me, we do.
The beginning of most of our soundtracks probably sound pretty similar. Mine is full of almost every Disney song in existence and TV show theme songs like Sesame Street and Barney.
As we get older our soundtracks become more personalized and carry more meaning.
There are songs that will remind you of middle school and dancing around your room with a hair bush microphone. There will also be songs that will remind you of big things in your life like graduating from high school, or little things like driving around with the windows down when you first got your license.
The coolest part about having our own soundtracks is that, although we get to choose some of the songs, a lot of the songs choose us.
There are hundreds of songs on my soundtrack. Some remind me of happy times, some remind me of heartbreak, some remind me of adventures with my best friend and some remind me of friendships that no longer exist. Music has a way of making you feel things. Sad things, happy things, great things.
Your soundtrack is special. No one in the world has the same soundtrack, though they may have a few of the same songs. The unique combination of songs, and the way the same exact line in a song can mean something so drastically different to two different people is something that only music can do, and I think that’s pretty incredible.
If you put together the soundtrack of your life what would be on it?
See a few of the songs on my soundtrack below:
- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes – Cinderella
- Honey I’m Home – Shania Twain
- Bouncing off the Ceiling – A*Teens
- Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira
- Waldorf Worldwide – Good Charlotte
- Defying Gravity – Wicked
- Days Go By – Keith Urban
- Beautiful Soul – Jesse McCartney
- When You Look Me in the Eyes – Jonas Brothers
- Pocketful of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
- True Friend – Hannah Montana
- Today was a Fairytale – Taylor Swift
- Before the Storm – Jonas Brothers feat. Miley Cyrus
- Love Like Woe – The Ready Set
- Come on Get Higher – Matt Nathanson
- We’re All In This Together – High School Musical
- Wherever I Go – Hannah Montana
- If it Means a lot to You – A Day to Remember
- Oh Darling – Plug in the Stereo feat.Cady Groves
- My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
- All Too Well – Taylor Swift
- Day One – Matthew West